Content Marketer: Tax & Business [CHICAGO]
Gordon Law Group is a tax, business, and cryptocurrency law firm based in Chicagoland and serving clients around the globe. Gordon Law Group has been a leader in cryptocurrency law since 2014, serving everyone from casual investors to one of the OG developers of Ethereum. Our Crypto department helps with crypto accounting & taxes, crypto-specific startup services, compliance needs (including KYC/AML audits and issuing tax forms), and much more! We're in the process of moving offices, but we are currently based in Northfield and will remain in the north suburbs of Chicago. This role must be able to come into the office most days.
Salary range: $50,000-$60,000
Gordon Law Group is looking for an experienced content marketer to lead our efforts for the Tax & Business departments. This is a multi-faceted role touching on written content, video, and social media engagement.
You’ll be filling a new role at a fast-growing company. You will have ample opportunity to bring new, creative ideas to the table; lead new initiatives; and advance based on exceptional work.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the Tax & Business sections of our editorial calendar, including selecting topics based on SEO opportunities, news, and trends
- Create search-optimized blog posts and upload posts to WordPress complete with featured images, tags, metadata, etc.
- Work with our attorneys to repurpose written content into YouTube-optimized videos
- Develop lead magnets (ebooks, checklists, webinars) for Tax & Business
- Provide high-level assistance to our Social Media Manager; advise on content themes and ensure quality of posts related to Tax & Business
- Identify social media groups with relevant audiences; regularly share our content and engage in conversations
- Use analytics to monitor content performance and create actionable insights
- Identify new opportunities to grow the Tax & Business departments
Skills & experience you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of content marketing experience
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills; ability to break down complex topics into easily digestible terms
- Experience writing about tax, business, or financial topics a plus—but candidates with a demonstrated history of quick learning will also be considered
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Extreme attention to detail; what you don’t know must be fact-checked
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Basic design skills (using Canva) and video editing skills
- Social media marketing & email marketing experience a plus
- Competitive healthcare plan (eligible after 3 months)
- 401(k) with employer matching (eligible after 1 year)
- 1 work-from-home day per week
- Opportunities for bonuses and raises based on clear, pre-defined expectations
Apply for this position
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.