Looking for Marketing AMAs
"Ask Me Anything" (AMA) sessions are a great way to engage with other marketing professionals in the marketing community.
Idea Rocket Labs Marketing
This year marks a big milestone for me - 30 years in the wild world of marketing! I've had the privilege of collaborating with (mostly) amazing clients, helping them make over $9.83 billion in revenue. It's been an exciting journey, and I've experienced nearly everything you can imagine. I genuinely get geeked about helping clients get more clients.
AMA on Oct 13, 2023
We're doing this AMA because we saw a lot of you have questions in here about Google Ads and best practices for what to do once your ads are running. You can ask us anything about how to use Google Ads (budgeting, keywords, etc) or your general ads strategy (what does a good landing page look like? What should happen with those leads?).
AMA on Oct 06, 2021
AMA Frequently Asked Questions
AMAs, short for "Ask Me Anything”, are a long held Reddit tradition. Anyone with a unique perspective can come to Reddit, say who they are and what they're passionate about, and invite the larger Reddit community to ask them questions.
AMA sessions can be hosted by anyone. Some of Reddit's top AMA hosts have been: actors, producers, politicians, athletes, scientists and other subject mater experts.
An AMA is a unique way to foster direct communication and create an experience with the Reddit community.
AMAs should be utilized if you're looking to:
- Engage directly with Redditors in relevant communities
- Amplify your conversation across a broad audience
- Deepen brand advocacy and humanize your brand
- Activate on a platform that surfaces content that spreads
There are a few things as a moderator that we need to on our end to make sure your AMA goes as smooth as possible.
- Marking your Reddit account as an approved poster. This tells Reddit and our community spam protections that your account is safe, preventing comments from getting flagged for spam review.
- Gives us (the mods) awareness so we can pin your AMA to the top of the community for greater exposure.
- And allows us to plan accordingly so a moderator is online to help if you have any questions and ensure other commenters are not spamming/going off topic during your AMA.
Fill out the request form. We'll get back to you via email or Reddit direct message with confirmation.
Set up your Reddit profile
- Sign up for your Reddit username: Click “Sign Up” at the top right-hand corner of Reddit.
- Optional: Associate your username with group email alias that belongs to your team instead of an individual email account.
- Customize: Upload an avatar and cover image, and add a description to introduce yourself.
Profile & image specs:
- Profile Header: Dimensions: 1280x384px, Format: JPG/PNG (<200KB size)
- Avatar image: Dimensions: 256x256, Format: JPG or PNG (<100KB)
- Username: 20 Characters Max
- About: 200 characters max
The below is needed 48 hours prior to AMA post:
- Username: The Reddit username the guest will be using to answer questions. If you have never created one, sign up at reddit.com.
- Proof: This is typically a photo of the AMA guest holding a sign with the AMA session data and time.
- Headline: A brief title of the AMA interview.
- Intro: A few sentences about the AMA guest. This is a great place to include links to youtube, their site, etc.
Protip: Write AMA text in first person.
Answer questions from the community. A moderator will be online to assist with questions that are off topic.
That's it! Though you can continue answering questions if you want.
Recommended: Edit your original post with a thank you message and if applicable, share additional details for where people can find you and reach out if they have additional questions.