Posted: Jul 23 2020
At Simple Strat, we simplify stand-out content marketing for B2B tech companies and HubSpot implementation for teams across industries.
We pride ourselves in helping tech brands create B2B content that’s truly interesting – engaging, converting, and delighting customers along the way. We know first-hand how powerful this can be for long-term growth because we practice what we preach. From our rapidly-growing HubSpot Hacks YouTube series to our lead-driving blog, we’ve bet our own business on the power of content. And we’re glad we did.
We have a small, tight-knit team that’s determined to rapidly grow our agency by delivering amazing results to our clients.
Visit https://simplestrat.com/ to learn more.
Remote or In-Person (Lincoln, NE)
Do you love writing AND using your writing to move the needle for a business?
Then this may be the perfect role for you!
Simple Strat is a small content marketing agency that’s looking to make big waves in the world of B2B tech marketing. We’re looking for a talented writer that understands content strategy to join our team and help us crush our clients’ goals.
An ideal Content Specialist at Simple Strat:
- Is passionate about long-form writing and has used that passion to develop an ability to write compelling content that people love to read
- Understands how search engines work, how people use them, and how to create content that delivers on search intent and follows SEO best practices
- Is deeply curious about B2B content marketing and closely follows industry experts and trends
- Has experience with and enjoys writing for B2B technology companies (bonus for SaaS experience)
- Is interested in business, technology, and the intersection of the two
Requirements for this role:
- You have experience writing long-form content (articles, product marketing information, whitepapers, ebooks/guides, case studies, etc.)
- You understand and can explain basic B2B content strategy
- You have experience optimizing your content for search engines
- You have an understanding of different types of content and the unique purposes they serve
- You have experience writing for multiple brands or voices
- You understand the types of metrics content can impact and how to use that data to improve performance over time
- Bonus: You have experience choosing content topics based on research, including keyword research and persona insights
- Bonus: You have experience with tools like SEMRush, HubSpot, Google Search Console, and/or WordPress
Specific responsibilities in this role:
- Write engaging, long-form content (articles, product marketing information, whitepapers, ebooks/guides, case studies, etc.)
- Optimize existing content for search
- Work with strategists and account coordinators to determine content types and topics
- Collaborate with designers and content promotion specialists to repurpose and promote content
- Edit, proofread, and improve other writers’ content
- Publish content using tools such as HubSpot and WordPress
Other details about the role:
- This role is a full-time role (40 hours/week)
- This role is available as a remote or in-person position - Simple Strat has an office in the vibrant Historic Haymarket district of Lincoln, Nebraska
- Salary is based on experience and skillset
- Unlimited PTO
- Profit-sharing bonus program
- Monthly coaching with agency leadership
- Continuous learning opportunities through internal and external training, workshops, and conferences
To get a glimpse of our culture and behind-the-scenes, day-to-day life, check out our Instagram profile (@simplestrat) or browse the careers page on our website (SimpleStrat.com/careers).
Apply for this position