Head of Marketing
Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. Despite its prominence, this is an industry that is vastly under-served by technology. As a result, it’s tough for distributors to grow and modernize their businesses. That’s why Proton.ai exists. We provide an AI-powered sales enablement platform that actually helps distributors grow and stay competitive in an ever-evolving B2B selling environment. Our company is in hyper growth mode. We’ve grown >6X YoY. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton team.
Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of complicated SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with artificial intelligence (AI). We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. And in doing so, we help distributors better serve their customers.
Our company is in hyper-growth mode. We've had significant year-over-year revenue growth, and recently raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
Proton is seeking a Head of Marketing to join our team at an exciting time. As the Head of Marketing, you will work directly with the CEO and senior leaders of the organization to define and execute Proton’s strategic marketing roadmap. You will own the development and execution of marketing strategies for, but not limited to, brand marketing, demand generation, product marketing, and content marketing.
The marketing leader we are seeking will love bringing stories to life through crisp messaging and impactful content. You will have a track record of crafting narratives, developing messaging & positioning, and creating custom content (across all channels) that enables sales success and drives revenue results.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can easily pivot between high-level strategic thinking and vision setting while also being the executor with an eye on the details in a scrappy start-up environment. This is a career-defining opportunity to have a direct, hands-on impact on the growth and expansion of Proton as we disrupt the $7 trillion distribution market.
We're a remote-first company and hire people from around the world. We are looking for someone based in the US for this role due to the potential amount of travel required and the majority of our customers being based in the US.
What you'll do:
- Create and execute strategic marketing plans that will help us achieve both our short and long-term goals to ultimately accelerate overall business growth
- Own and execute Proton’s product and branding initiatives to grow further awareness and understanding of our product to prospects and current customers, including go-to-market strategy for new features and product announcements
- Lead strategy and optimization of conversion funnels and performance across all marketing channels
- Oversee the development of all content, including developing compelling and differentiated positioning & messaging that effectively translates what we’ve built, why, and for whom
- Work collaboratively with our CEO in the research, identification, and development of new marketing opportunities through trade shows, conferences, partnerships, and associations
- Collaborate with Proton’s CRO and Dir. of Enablement to consistently iterate our sales pitches, by leading the end-to-end process (from idea generation, content creation, and distribution) for creating and updating marketing/sales collateral (one-pager, case studies, etc.)
- Partner with internal stakeholders to define, build, and maintain a monthly and annual dashboard of key metrics (MQLs, Pipeline, Revenue) by channel and continually measure, analyze, and report on performance.
- Partner with finance to manage the department budget
- Manage agency relationships/contractors to augment the capacity of the in-house team
- As we scale, you’ll also help attract, grow and manage a high performing marketing team, and provide creative direction to achieve marketing goals successfully
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Experience owning both the strategy and execution of the marketing function with a track record of driving massive user growth at a B2B SaaS platform
- Prior experience with an early-stage startup environment (Seed round through Series B or greater)
- Extensive product marketing experience, while also having strong content marketing knowledge
- A combination of strategic thinking and problem solving, coupled with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute
- Outstanding copywriting, copy editing, and content creation skills
- A collaborative approach in working with Revenue teams (sales, business development) to develop & execute effective marketing tools and campaigns
- Ability to be strategic as well as hands-on and tactical. Able to execute quickly in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A love of data and using it to make informed decisions while demonstrating measurable results
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects simultaneously.
- A sense of urgency in how you operate - You can roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to produce results
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Flexible Schedule - we think high levels of autonomy, responsibility, and working asynchronously foster an amazing workplace.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend - to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or even to go towards Coworking space!
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid Off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.
Apply for this position