Head of Marketing
Uniscope (theuniscope.com) seeks to transform the college discovery process by providing a platform for high school students to connect with current college students (“mentors”) who share their academic and extracurricular interests. Through the app, high schools students can schedule 1-1 informational phone calls, virtual video tours, and in-person campus tours with mentors to discover their dream school. Uniscope’s app is available on the Apple [App Store](https://https://apps.apple.com/us/app/uniscope-college-discovery/id1480166950) and coming soon to Android.
Uniscope seeks a Head of Marketing who will lead Uniscope’s marketing efforts. In particular, we’re seeking an ambitious self-starter who can thrive in an unstructured environment. Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Marketing's primary responsibility is to grow Uniscope’s user base. The ideal candidate possesses strong business intuition, collaborates effectively on cross-functional teams, and has demonstrated experience in a user acquisition/growth role.
- BA/BS Degree preferred.
- 2+ years in marketing role preferred.
- Experience creating and managing social media, email, and targeted advertising campaigns to drive user acquisition.
- Experience creating social media content.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Facebook Ads Manager and Google AdWords. Willingness to learn how to use other DSPs.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Comfortable working with spreadsheets and data.
- Work directly with CEO to translate corporate vision and strategy into actionable marketing initiatives.
- Create, define, and execute marketing strategy to deliver on growth expectations.
- Manages all Uniscope advertising efforts, including paid and organic reach, across social media, online display, online search, and other channels.
- Collaborates with Head of Design to create effective and engaging ads and social media posts.
- Collaborates with CEO to develop brand messaging and manage public relations.
In the short-term, we expect the Head of Marketing to dedicate an average of 15-25 hours per week.
Equity: 0.25% - 2%, depending on qualifications and experience. The Head of Marketing role may convert to a full-time salaried role when the product scales.
Apply for this position
Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter.