Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics are part of a network of state-of-the-art medical facilities located within the heart of the Willamette Valley. At Salem Health, we pride ourselves on being a community-centric, diverse organization that has been voted a top workplace by our employees for three years running. We continually strive to provide innovative paths to learning and growth while maintaining an environment of strategic problem solving objectives through Lean driven principles. We understand that hardworking, conscientious, and compassionate team members are one of our most valuable assets and we are always looking for outstanding people to join our team.
The Marketing Generalist provides tactical support to achieve Salem Health’s marketing and communications strategic objectives. This is achieved through the development and implementation of tactical marketing plans for assigned projects. The Marketing Generalist applies expertise to set measureable objectives, oversees the work of Marketing project teams and communicates effectively with the client to ensure quality, satisfaction, and completion of activities on time and on budget.
- Works with Marketing leadership and the Marketing team to develop and effectively create and implement Salem Health marketing plans and projects, as assigned.
- Incorporates organizational objectives and new business opportunities with specific marketing tactics designed to attain measureable results.
- Considers competition, barriers and opportunities in tactic development.
- Identifies innovative tactics to ensure optimal outcomes, manages resources, and monitors metrics to effectively report results.
- Ensures effective and efficient project management results and outcomes fulfillment through collaboration with and engagement of the Marketing team and external vendors, as needed. Works proactively with clients and service lines to ensure alignment, efficiency, and coordination of marketing goals and tactics across the health system.
- Coordinates various projects, as assigned, establishing tactics, assigning tasks and documenting progress in department’s project management system, clearly specifying deliverables, deliverable ownership, budget and timelines.
- Monitors progress against schedule, communicating issues, as appropriate.
- Ensures appropriate reporting of project status to project sponsors and leadership, as needed.
- Ensures brand compliance of all message development, promotion, and production of materials, including adherence to corporate identity/graphic standards and alignment with Salem Health’s brand promise.
- Monitors and populates social media communication efforts.
- Works directly with Content Strategy – Lead to coordinate social media strategy development and to utilize social media channels to ensure optimal engagement.
- Prepares appropriate and timely responses to SH digital comments to assure accuracy and mitigate reputational impact.
- Implements departmental standards and processes for appropriate response and timing to consumers through digital media.
- Solves problems using Lean tools.
- Consistently strives to improve a proficiency in Lean, and proactively works to identify continuous improvement projects using Lean methodologies.
- Builds effective working relationships throughout the organization with the Marketing team, leadership, staff, physicians, customers and vendors.
- Provides routine updates to Marketing team relative to areas of responsibility. Supports the mission and priorities of Salem Health, including compliance, confidentiality and other required behaviors.
- Stays abreast of current social media, public relations, marketing and health care trends and techniques through study and participation in selected seminars and conferences as budget allows.
- Maintains job-tracking records by documenting information related to area of responsibility within job tracking software. Follows department standard work for various processes including project tracking, asset management, PTO requests, flexible schedule, telecommuting, etc.
- Attends huddles and weekly staff meetings. Attends other meetings, as requested; Maintains regular communication with the Marketing Director and/or Marketing Manager to seek guidance and direction, as well as keep informed of activities.
- Supports coworkers and department image in all communication with integrity and an assumption of positive intent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or a related field required; -OR-
- Eight (8) years of related work experience; OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience where each year of education equates to two (2) years of experience. For example: Four (4) years of experience substitutes for an associate's degree; and Eight (8) years of experience substitutes for a bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of digital and traditional marketing experience, including social media, project management, marketing planning, production coordination and branding. Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing and digital communications.
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools.
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML.
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and analyze problems and develop sound and effective solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with creative professionals in a team environment to produce desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage workload within an approved budget.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive internal and external customer relationships in meeting agreed-upon deadlines with quality results.
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think independently and creatively, assuming appropriate responsibility and authority within the guidance of senior leadership.
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Apply for this position