Media Sales Planner
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News. This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
The Sales Planner will work with the Planning and Sales teams to support both proposal and post sale phases of Dow Jones (WSJ, Marketwatch, Barron's) digital advertising programs. The Sales Planner will focus on informed and intelligent media plan building and campaign management ensuring success of our digital advertising programs.
This role will sit in our Los Angeles or San Francisco office.
- Work with sales team on RFPs to provide proposal ideas and inventory solutions that best meet the client expectations and proposal objectives by account/campaign
- Maintain pricing integrity and inventory package strategy
- Produce sales proposals in order management system leveraging yield tools required
- Utilize historical data to support strategic decisions about new sales programs
- Leverage internal data including audience metrics and user profiles to recommend sophisticated digital strategies for each client
- Solid understanding of Wall Street Journal Barron's Group product offering and operational capabilities
- Reserve campaigns in order management system once deal is approved
- Work with both sales team and campaign management to ensure timely launch
- Assist in client optimizations so that revenue is maintained and balanced with client goals
- Provide campaign performance reporting and analysis
Apply for this position