Performance Marketing Lead
Keeper Tax automatically finds tax savings for gig workers. We’re on a mission to help the 59M working-class Americans with 1099 income discover the write-offs they've been missing, worth $1,249 / yr (on avg).
- Channel & budget strategy, especially on paid social. Primarily paid social (IG + TikTok) but you'll also own expansion into channels like influencers, youtube, sem, direct mail, etc.
- Steer creative direction. You'll also play the part of creative director. That means you own the overarching creative strategy, writing up specs, hiring / managing production support (today we have a full-time video editor, one influencer on payroll, and a trusted agency relationship).
- Recruit world class in-house performance marketing specialists. Over time, you'll build out an in-house team of world class specialists. Whether you want to start by hiring on the media buying or on creative side is up to you. You'll start with a single open headcount and as the business scales to 8-figures per month spend you can bring on a few more.
Characteristics for success
- You love the craft. You’re constantly curious, and you love to find patterns and tactics that others overlook. The challenges that might make others overwhelmed or demotivated (e.g. black box algos, seasonality, SKAdpocolypse) energize you. You see the cultural significance of social media, and truly know its power to convert and change minds.
- Your background in paid social is world class, including a strong creative streak. What makes someone excited about downloading a tax app? Authentic, inspiring, ad creative. We’ve found a few things that work , but henceforth, you’ll be leading the creative direction!
- You’ve done it before at > $500k / mo scale. You have some hard-won lessons from different industries (e.g. gaming, e-commerce, d2c saas), and know the kinds of systems needed to scale.
Why you’ll love it
- Impact & autonomy. We’re well-funded, hungry, and willing move quickly & break things. No pesky in-house brand team slowing you down. You’ll report to the CEO, who understands the ups-and-downs of performance marketing and isn’t going to put their nose into your work after a week of bad creative performance.
- Great analytics infrastructure. We’re already buttoned up on our conversion events and pixels - you won't have to spend the first 3 months wrangling with engineering (web-based tracking + Segment + GA + AppsFlyer).
- Top-notch coworkers, venture-sized outcomes. Your product management, engineering, and data science counterparts are the best of the best. We're all here to build a massive business, and have a ton of fun in the process.
A note on remote work
The Keeper Tax core product team (engineers, PM, data, ops) is based in San Francisco. On the distribution side of the business, we also have a preference for local work, but are willing to make exceptions for the exceptional. Remote-first candidates can expect in-person onboarding, as well as travel to SF at least 4x / year for a week at a time. There is a simple .75x cash compensation multiplier for those who choose not to join us in San Francisco.
- 30 min intro call (Paul)
- Ads strategy take-home exercise (2hrs)
- 45 min strategy deep-dive (Andrew + Paul)
- Asset-production take-home exercise (1hr)
- Meet the team leads (45 min call with our content marketing lead, COO, CTO, PM)
Apply for this position
email the ceo at firstname.lastname@example.org