Performance Marketing Lead
Underdog.io builds software that helps job seekers find meaningful work at technology companies. Since launching in April 2014, we’ve connected thousands of candidates with hundreds of growing organizations in New York and San Francisco. We also help companies that are hiring remotely. Candidates send Underdog.io their resumes and other basic information. Using a combination of human intelligence and technology, Underdog.io reviews and ranks candidates and sends a curated batch to our hiring network every week. Founders and hiring managers contact candidates directly and take them through their normal internal hiring process.
Note: Remote-friendly role in the U.S.
We’re looking to hire our first dedicated marketing professional at Underdog.io. You'll work closely with the team to drive signups from candidates and companies. You’ll be instrumental in shaping the future of marketing at Underdog.io.
Underdog.io is a recruiting enablement tool, but it’s also a recruiting company with heart. We want someone who cares deeply for our mission: to support job seekers and companies by providing tools and information that help them make informed decisions about work.
As the first hire, you’ll need to be a marketing generalist, well-versed in performance marketing, product marketing, communications, and brand marketing. We recognize that most people are not an expert in all four, but the ideal candidate will have performance marketing experience and feel comfortable learning on the fly and tackling new projects.
- Focus on demand/lead generation and funnel optimization to drive interest from both sides of our marketplace
- Manage paid channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Google Ads, etc.), content, and SEO with a strong emphasis on staying under budget
- Explore new paid channels and referral opportunities
- Review and maintain efficient marketing operations
- Build a framework to measure future success
- Create content that can be used externally by the sales organization (pitch decks, case studies, etc.)
- Produce content (or hire & manage a team of writers) for the company blog
- Create partnerships with candidate and company-facing communities, products, and events
- Experiment with new marketing strategies (video, podcasts, etc).
Brand Marketing & Communications
- Create ads, microsites, landing pages using a consistent brand voice
- Maintain Underdog.io’s social media presence
- Build relationships with media outlets for future press coverage
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing role demonstrating tenacity and grit. The more previous marketing experience creating a process from scratch, the better.
- Experience at a startup or in a dynamic, startup-like environment
- Strong technical aptitude so you can master our products, easily understand our customers’ businesses, and articulate our value to founders, executives, hiring managers, and internal recruiters
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, organized, and eager to learn
- Strong writing background
- Experience marketing HR technology
- Experience recruiting or interviewing
- A general understanding of computer science
- Familiarity with SQL
- Doghouse, our internal dashboard, for managing company/user accounts
- Mixpanel for analytics, reporting, event tracking, and cohort analysis
- Redash for querying and visualizing our PostgreSQL database
- LinkedIn, Facebook, Google Ads for existing paid channels
- Webflow for creating new landing pages
- Mailchimp for email marketing
- Slack for internal team communication
- Any other software that you need to succeed
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% coverage of hardware/software
- Unlimited vacation as long as work is getting done
Building an inclusive and diverse workplace is one of Underdog.io’s core values. We warmly welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We often hire candidates who have used Underdog.io, so we'd encourage you to check out the site: https://underdog.io.
Apply for this position