The Food Group is a premier full-service agency that blends food, culture and marketing expertise to deliver powerful integrated ideas that feed our clients’ success. With over 40 years of building some of the world’s most iconic brands and businesses, we’re uniquely positioned to deliver a full suite of marketing, advertising, planning and public relations services designed to connect brands with people, buyers with sellers and sales with marketing.
Public Relations Director
Are you a Public Relations superstar? Do you have a passion for Food? Then this may be the job for you. We are The Food Group, a WPP agency – and as the name suggests, we have a passion for food and for our marquee clients who shape the food industry and would look great in your book!
We are looking for a Public Relations Director who can manage the banal as well as the unexpected with equal enthusiasm. An entrepreneurial soul who can take our Public Relations practice into the future and break new ground in the food landscape. Someone who can motivate team members to think about public relations in the B2B, B2C and B2B2C space differently. We are a results oriented agency, and our marketing communication planning reflects that, so experience with analytics is a huge plus. We believe that the medium can be the message, and are not afraid to challenge ourselves and our partners to innovate solutions. If this sounds like you, let’s chat!
What You’ll Be Doing
· Leading the strategic direction of the Public Relations practice within The Food Group.
· Generating strategic communications and stakeholder engagement activities supporting our client’s business objectives
· Crafting thoughtful points of view and recommendations based on an understanding of the clients’ business and the food industry as a whole.
· Developing PR strategy, digital content, media materials, client messaging, and thought leadership programs.
· Driving revenue growth on existing clients and identifying and securing new business opportunities.
· Building a team of accomplished public relations professionals with a passion for food and our clients and mentoring them to excel.
· Rolling up sleeves and getting into tactical execution when needed.
· Minimum of 5 years work experience as a Public Relations Director, PR Manager or similar role.
· Demonstrable experience coordinating successful PR campaigns (case studies)
· Expertise in public relations applications via social
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to perform on business development team
· Undergraduate degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
· Strong media relations strategy development, established media contacts and the ability to develop and nurture new ones
· Proven ability to manage projects, client relationships and budgets
· Collaborative approach to managing and mentoring a team
· Excellent communications and organizational skills
· Digital and social media savvy
Apply for this position