Senior Manager, Marketing Deployment & Operations
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry—helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life’s transitions. More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We’re doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we’re all in this together. We know transformation does not come without challenge. That’s why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success. Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing Deployment & Operations with at least 5 years of experience to help us fulfill our mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. This is a remote position.
The Senior Manager, Marketing Deployment and Operations is responsible for managing projects with departmental impact as well as large scale or special marketing campaign projects. This includes aligning and enabling the marketing department to operate effectively and efficiently by optimizing marketing processes and technologies; coordinating processes and systems to integrate all marketing efforts across the organization; managing project risks and issues, as well as resources and quality. This role is an active collaborator with cross-functional teams on projects.
What you will be working on:
- Lead the Marketing Deployment and Operations Team charged with executing marketing and brand initiatives through email, paid digital marketing, and analytics within budget, campaign timeframe and scope.
- Develop and train team members in marketing technology and processes – new and existing.
- Solution for, plan, and execute special projects as assigned including, but not limited to: Salesforce and other system implementation and programming, exploration and implementation of productivity tools, incorporating corporate process into departmental process, ensuring system health from audit and reporting perspectives, providing support to individual channels and teams as specific needs arise or as assigned, collateral production or campaign execution, etc.
- Effectively map and secure approval on processes, including data requirements and workflow steps, through communication with subject matter experts, leadership positions, and direct process contributors. Ability to document the information in multiple outputs including but limited to: work breakdown structures, logic maps, templated spreadsheets, etc.
- Develop and ensure use of best practices and governance to add efficiency to marketing efforts
- Test, optimize, test again culture through all channels to increase performance, results, and speed to market
- Manage the establishment of project goals and scope, definition of roles and responsibilities and resource identification.
- Consult on and manage marketing campaign projects, ranging from small to complex, across a diverse marketing mix of channels, contributors and timelines.
- Collect and analyzes data to develop insights into projects, channels, and vendors.
- Perform administrative responsibilities associated with various marketing technology platforms including Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. This includes leading new integrations and implementations.
- Develop and deploy landing pages, demand generation and lead generation forms, and nurture/journey programs
- Develop automations in Marketo and Marketing Cloud using SQL and REST APIs that facilitate journeys and
- Manage the marketing-to-sales handoff process utilizing Salesforce lead, contact, campaign and task object, while working closely with leaders in the Sales department.
- Act as the subject matter expert for email marketing, communicating email best practices and CAN-SPAM, GDPR and other regulatory requirements to channel marketers, sales, and other departments sending promotions to external audiences.
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- Be highly organized, listen well, possess excellent communications and writing skills, and be responsive to multiple stakeholders
- Google Analytics, Tableau, Marketo, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud in-depth knowledge
- Must have a detailed understanding of processes and tools across Marketing
- Knowledge and experience managing projects
- Be a quick study and possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced team.
- Working knowledge and understanding of SAFe Agile
- Able to communicate goals and KPIs to marketers and non-marketers
- Proficient in basic Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Flexibility to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Collaboration – work effectively with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Inclusion – actively seeks and engages with diverse perspectives and invites a sense of belonging
- Communication – ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the organization
- Decision making – acts decisively with sound judgement; uses data to analyze options and form opinions
- Information literacy – uses subject matter knowledge and skills to effectively acquire and apply information
- Optimization – ability to apply continuous improvement to existing processes and programs
- Innovation – develops ideas that are new, better, or unique; embraces and promotes diverse perspectives
- Change management – ability to manage change and navigate positively in an environment experiencing change at a fast pace
- Initiative – uses self-starter approach, ability to multi-task, proactively anticipates and acts on information and details needed, completes tasks with little to no direction
- Self-development - remains current in area of expertise, seeks opportunities to expand and grow skills
- Accountability - takes responsibility and follows through on commitments; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one's behavior
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing or related area of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience, including vendor management and small-scale project management
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience
It’s a plus if you have:
- Salesforce Administration Certification a plus
- Marketing experience
Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a team that is fun, collaborative, and focused on outcomes
*ACT is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACT values diversity in people and ideas and participates in E-verify. ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.
Apply for this position