What is a User Persona?
User personas are fictional characters that represent a brand's ideal customer. They are used in marketing to help businesses better understand and target their audience.
By creating detailed profiles of these personas, businesses can tailor their messaging, product offerings, and overall marketing strategy to better appeal to their target customer. This can lead to more effective and efficient marketing campaigns, ultimately resulting in increased sales, and customer loyalty.
For each of these ideal people, answer the following questions with as much detail as possible. You can and you should/are encouraged to make as many personas as needed. The intent of the exercise is to understand who your customer is, what challenges do they have, how to successfully market to them, and help you understand where your product/service fits in solving their challenges.
- Background (Job? Career Path? Family structure?)
- Demographics (Male or female? Age? Income? Location?)
- Identifiers (Demeanor? Communication preferences?)
- Real quotes (About, challenges, etc.)
- Common objections (Why wouldn't they purchase your product or service?)
- Goals (Primary and secondary goals?)
- Challenges (Primary and secondary challenges?)
- What Can We Do (... to help this persona achieve their above goals? To overcome their above challenges?)
- Marketing messaging (How would you describe your solution to your persona?)
- Elevator pitch (Sell this persona on your solution)